woensdag 4 november 2009

School buisness

To go to America you must not only be able to prove your not a headace-patient, but also that your teachers and other school personell dont hate your guts.

In order to do this, you must get your English teacher to fill in a from about your english skills, this is all very open to opinion and therefore he is at no risk.

I had to write a essay too, in english, expect a full version of it online later, problem is that is has to be given in handwriting, but also readable, wich in my case is mutually exclusive.

So one of the AFS employees told me I could just let someone else write it, aslong as it was me typing the original draft, so thats a horror out of the way.

I got the school counselor (closest name I could find, Decaan in dutch) to fill in another form, social skills, intelectual skills, things like that (luckely modesty wasn't one of them).

But its not all form filling and opinion-gathering, actually it is mostly, sofar everything, but next Monday me, the parents and a representative of AFS will meet in a undisclosed location, somewhere inside the Doeksen ferry terminal.

Untill then, sleep is what lays ahead of me.

Lang leve de koninging, hoezee!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Je weet het goed te vertellen, zoonlief.
    Sinds je de koningin een handje gaf ben je blijkbaar ook zeer in Oranje :)
    Geeft niet,gaat ook wel weer over.
    Sterkte in het harde leven van de zwoegende scholier.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Mutually exclusive, we moesten het even opzoeken. Dat is dus in goed Nederlands contradictie in terminus wow man, wat ben je goed :)De koningin kan trots zijn op zo'n onderdaan!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hey ermmm... Wait-- what's your name again? Maarten. Can I just call you 'Matt'?

    Alright, Matt. I came over from your mom's blog -- Ina. Very nice to meet you.

    So can I type in English? I see both your parents commented in Dutch but I can't do Dutch. I could try but I doubt I would make any sense.

    I hear that you're going to America -- from your mother in her blog.

    I wish you the best and good luck. I like America. I'm Asian but I like that country very much. It has everything that my country doesn't have -- including a great President.

    I'm not sure how I'm qualified to give you advice but here it is: Even though you will obviously get a culture shock, act very very NORMAL.

    Alright, sorry for the long comment and see you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. uuum, if you must, but it is not my name, my name is Maarten, if you have trouble saying that right, whatever, just type it :p.

    thanks, same here.

    They comment in Dutch more because of their own opinions and skill then my preference, I go either way.

    Meh, Obama is great but as all presidents he can't do shit if the senate doesnt agree.

    Im not sure on he advice, I have never acted normal for long periods of time, so why start now? Id rather be me.
    apriciate the advice though.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen